The central theme of the symposium is “western sites, materials and conditions”. The theme will highlight the regional contexts that are unique to the American West, namely the climatological, geological, and historical aspects that shape the cultural resources and conservation approaches in this region.
The two-day symposium will include paper sessions, tours, and a keynote address. Paper sessions will consist of three, 30-minute presentations followed by 20 minutes of Q&A and discussion.
Potential Topics of Interest
- Seismic challenges: changing requirements, novel approaches and lessons learned
- Regional approaches to controlling deterioration mechanisms: moisture, temperature fluctuation, wind, salts, pollution
- Local materials and methods of construction: earthen architecture, logs and timbers, stone, mortars
- Mining, industry, ranching and transportation or farming heritage
- Cultural site stewardship: religious, government, private, traditional cultural properties
- Please submit abstracts by email with the subject line, “Proposal – Mesa to Mountain 2017”
- Along with the Abstract, please provide the following in a MSWord.doc or pdf file as an attachment:
> Name and contact information
> Title of presentation
> Abstract, under 400 words
> Biographical statement, under 200 words
- Submit proposals to: Kristen Olson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submittals deadline: Friday, September 9, 2016
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts will be made by Friday, October 21, 2016. Confirmation of speaker acceptance will be required by Friday, November 18, 2016.
- Presenters will receive a discounted conference registration.
For more information, please contact: Kent Diebolt, kent @ vertical-access.com, or Don Hartley, email@example.com
For More Information, go to: