Vertical Access is a small, niche business with a talented staff experienced in the fields of architecture, engineering, construction, historic preservation… and an interest in climbing. We welcome your letter of interest and resume to have on file as new positions and opportunities arise. Please email Kent Diebolt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vertical Access is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Current Open Positions:
VA4D Studio Technician
Seeking to fill a part-time (approx. 20 hours/week) position, either remotely or in our Ithaca, NY office.
As a member of our 3D program you will develop models and drawings of architectural components and
assemblies from scan data derived from several sources. Your attention to detail, and an interest in the
preservation of cultural objects through digital technology will contribute to a highly collaborative &
Responsibilities will include:
– Manage digital files and assets
– Develop 3D models of scanned architectural elements
– Prepare drawings of 3D models
– Assist with project deliverables
The right person for this opportunity will have experience in developing 3D models and drawings using
Rhinoceros 3D. Familiarity with scanning technology and management of digital assets is also a plus.
Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of education and experience
2 years experience in Rhinoceros 3D and proficiency in Windows OS
Grasshopper and Python experience is a plus
Excellent communication skills
Google Workspace experience a plus
Rope Access Technician
Vertical Access presently has an opening in our Ithaca, NY office for a candidate with some combination of the following qualifications:
- A working knowledge of architectural vocabulary gained through a background in engineering, architecture, construction, historic preservation, materials conservation
- Familiarity with historic and contemporary building systems and materials
- A rational fear of heights combined with the ability to work comfortably at heights
- Comfort with a wide range of work, from office to demanding physical effort on site
- Experience in industrial climbing techniques, rock climbing, caving or search and rescue
- A current SPRAT or IRATA certification is a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD and graphics design programs
- Since all of our field work takes place out of town, willingness and ability to travel is essential. Many jobs may require up to 2-3 nights out of town with 5-6 consecutive days being the occasional exception
We will make a long-term commitment to the right person and are willing to train. If interested, please email a letter of interest and a current resume with references to: Kent Slade Diebolt, Founding Partner at email@example.com.