Vertical Access has assisted John P. Stopen Engineering Partnership with the hands-on investigation of several buildings on the campus of Syracuse University.
In 2007, VA performed the close visual examination of two residence halls: Lawrinson Hall and DellPlain Hall. Lawrinson Hall is a concrete structure with pre-cast concrete spandrel panels and column covers. DellPlain is a curtain wall structure with enamel spandrel panels and limestone column covers.
In 2011, VA performed the hands-on investigation of Booth Hall, a residence hall similar to DellPlain, and in 2012, VA surveyed and documented conditions at Haven Hall. All four structures were originally designed by King & King Architects in the 1960s.
Scope of work
- Hands-on investigation of existing conditions at all areas of building façades.
- Documentation of fault conditions to assist project team with development of repair specifications.
- Completed close-visual examination of building with minimal impact on building occupants and public.
- Took level and plumb measurements at cladding materials to assist in the investigation of the structures.
- Syracuse University
In collaboration with
- John P. Stopen Engineering Partnership, structural engineer
- Bohlin Cywinksi Jackson, architect (Lawrinson and DellPlain Halls)