The original portion of 100 State Street was designed by Marcus T. Reynolds and constructed as an eight-story bank and office building for the Albany City Savings Institution in 1901-02.
From 1922-24, the building was expanded to the west with the addition of another six bays topped by a mansard roof and central tower.
The highly ornamental granite of the office building and terra cotta tower with cupola contribute to the stately presence of the building in downtown Albany.
Scope of work
- Close visual examination and hammer-sounding of masonry materials, including granite, terra corra and brick.
- Documentation of fault conditions to assist client with developing repair specifications.
- Live-feed video documentation of representative portions of survey area.
- Gained access to façades, tower and mansard roof areas above main downtown street.