Vertical Access has assisted Buildings Consulting Group with the close visual examination of several Mayo Clinic buildings.
In 2010, VA performed the close visual examination of the Leslie and Susan Gonda Building, situated at the center of the Mayo Clinic campus in downtown Rochester. Designed by Ellerbe Becket and Cesar Pelli & Associates and constructed in 2000 and 2001, the building consists of two distinct curtain wall sections, each 21 stories tall.
In 2011, VA performed the hands-on investigation of three buildings at the Mayo Clinic’s St. Mary’s Campus:
- Francis Building (completed in 1940)
- Joseph Building (completed in 1940)
- Domitilla Building (completed in 1965)
The three buildings are contiguous and form the main entrance area to the campus. The exterior façades of each building are primarily brick with limestone trim. The 10-story tower of the Francis Building is a distinctive feature of the group of buildings.
Scope of work
- Close visual examination of representative areas of building façades.
- Documentation of fault conditions to assist project team with development of repair specifications.
- Mayo Clinic