Vertical Access LLC (VA) was retained by HUNT Engineers | Architects | Surveyors to assist the project team with a feasibility study for the redevelopment of the High Falls Overlook in Rochester, NY.
The High Falls Overlook is comprised of three 90’ brick masonry structures that were constructed above the Genesee River Gorge between 1885 and 1905. The structures, situated directly east of High Falls, once served as a hydro station, housing turbines for power generation.
Scope of work
- VA technicians utilized industrial rope access techniques to perform a hands-on and close visual survey of designated locations of the exterior elevations.
- VA identified, documented and quantified conditions of deterioration using digital still color photography keyed to annotated drawings.
- VA also lowered a high-definition video camera into the structures to document existing conditions at the interior.
In collaboration with
- City of Rochester
- HUNT Engineers | Architects | Surveyors
- Lu Engineers
- Environmental Design & Research
- ASI Marine
top photo: Drew Broffman, Vertical Access LLC
bottom photo: Lisa Baron, Greentopia