Building 54, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
In collaboration with
- I.M. Pei & Associates (completed 1964)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Facilities
Building 54, also known as the Cecil & Ida Green Center for Earth Sciences, faces MDermott Court near the center of MIT's campus.
The 21-story concrete frame building was designed by I.M. Pei & Associates and contructed between 1962 and 1964.
Scope of work
- Close visual examination and hammer-sounding of concrete at exterior facades.
- Documentation of fault conditions and preparation of treatment recommendations with schematic cost estimate.
- As part of the survey, VA technicians removed loose material.
- Completed comprehensive close-visual examination of building with minimal impact on occupants and public.