Documentation of Existing Facade Condtions in the Field
A Comparison of Two Methods
Components of our final product typically consist of the following:
- Elevations annotated with attribute tags
- Photo documentation
- Written letter of report
- Video documentation with voice narration
- Materials samples
In addition to shorthand notation and graphic symbols, the use of color helps sharpen the information resolution. Color can be used to:
- Label materials (i.e. different materials = different colors)
- Measure faults (i.e. denote the extent)
- Indicate condition severity (i.e. color as representation, such as "hot" or danger spots)
- Decorate (color as aesthetic enhancement and design).
However, color is more costly to reproduce than black and white, and may be prohibitively so, particularly for large sheets produced in quantity, as for bid documents.